Modification Date: May 23, 2018
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Hi. Mike here. I’m the creator of Opterre. I care about the use of my personal information online, so it is only fair I provide you with information into the privacy practices we follow here at Opterre LLC.
Firstly, let me be up-front and say we are a commercial enterprise. We want to help you and your team excel at being a consultant, coach or freelancer. To do so, we need to know who you are. We also use third parties to assist in providing you with services. They need to know who you are, too. But we do not and will not provide your information to third parties who have no relationship to Opterre to provide you a commercial service.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Site.
As a Visitor, you can browse our Opterre.com (Site) to find out more about our Opterre product and services, insightful documents, as well as third-party resources. You are not required to provide us with any Personal Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
We may process certain types of PII about you when you interact with us, as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name, username, or date of birth.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your credit card details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data: may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our sites.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our Site, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How Information Is Collected
When you use our Site, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Site. Such information is typically considered Non-Personal Information. But we also collect the following:
- Session Cookies. We may use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We may use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Traffic Data
We may collect a variety of visitor data such as IP addresses, browser settings, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and clickstream data (collectively “Visitor Data”). The Opterre internal servers and software automatically recognize Visitor Data. No PII is collected in this process. The Site may use Visitor Data to compile traffic data about the types of visitors who use the Site at specific intervals (collectively “Traffic Data”).
- 3rd Party Tracking
- Calls/Electronic Communications
In the regular course of our business, Opterre may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and Opterre employees for training and quality assurance purposes. We may receive a confirmation when you open or click on content in an email from us, which helps us make our communications to you more useful and interesting. If you do not wish to receive email from Opterre, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list on any of the emails we send.
In order to understand people that want more information about consulting and coaching, we offer quizzes and surveys. We ask questions to get a better understanding your readiness, experience, and resources to take on the role of a consulting business leader. We limit access to such PII to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data.
We may use Traffic Data to analyze Site traffic, but this information is not examined for PII. We may also use Traffic Data to diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, or display content according to your preferences. Visitor Data and Traffic Data may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, or advertisers on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
At What Points Do We Collect Information
- Opt-in to download our infographics, eBooks, our email courses and other free informational products.
- Waiting List: Your name and email address.
- Transaction: You name, email address, billing information and payment source when purchasing a tool or service.
- Submitting Questions: Your name, email address, and question.
- Surveys: Your name and email address, and relevant data to help us determine your success as a consultant, coach, or freelancer.
- Lessons: Your name and email address
- Calling our toll-free or office line
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Opterre LLC does not now, nor will in the future sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists to third party marketers.
- Customizing Our Site and email communications
- We may use the PII you provide to personalize, improve or operate our products and business.
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- Provided us with your details when opting into our free courses, resources, and challenges; and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your PII with any third party for marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Opting out does not apply to correspondence required by us to send to you if you purchased a product/service, applied for warranty registration, or other commercial transactions – just future promotional messages.
- Register You as a Customer
We use PII you provide us to better understanding your needs and interests to provide you with support, allow you access to restricted content, and promote special offers.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
As mentioned above, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your PII to third parties for marketing purposes. We also do not sell or share such information to third parties who are not providing you any commercial service through Opterre. We may provide your PII to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Site (i.e. payment processors, Site hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Booking appointments We use on on-line appointment scheduling service, as well as live operators. These service functions will take down enough PII to schedule a call with an Opterre representative.
- The following third parties may have access to your PII:
- Ontraport (Santa Barbara, CA USA) – email marketing
- GoDaddy (Scottsdale, TX USA) – Site hosting
- Sherweb (Sherbrooke, Canada) – Corporate email service provider
- Marketing360/Madwire Media (Fort Collins, CO USA) – Marketing agency
- CoyoteNewMedia (Florence, CO USA) – Site management
- Google Apps (Mountain View, CA USA) – Advertising
- Google Analytics (Mountain View, CA USA) – Advertising
- Microsoft Bing (Redmond, WS, USA) – Advertising
- Drift (Boston, MA USA) – Marketing & Communications
- Typeform (Barcelona, Spain) – Surveys (QSP)
- AcuityScheduling (Concord, CA USA) – Live calendar scheduling
- AnswerFirst (Tampa, FL, USA) – live answering service
- Stripe (San Francisco, CA USA) – Payment processor
- ThriveCart (Wellington, New Zealand) – Shopping Cart
- PayPal (San Jose, CA USA) – Payment processor
- Facebook (Menlo Park, CA USA) – Community development, Advertising
- Twitter (San Francisco, CA USA) – Community development, Advertising
- LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA, USA) – Community development, Advertising
- Trello (San Francisco, CA USA) – Team project coordination
- Workify (Bonita Springs, FL USA) – 3rd party marketing service provider
- Intuit (QuickBooks) (Mountain View, CA USA) – Accounting services
- Data Aggregation
We retain the right to collect and use any Non-Personal Information collected from your use of our Site and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Site and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your PII included in such data aggregations
- Legally Required Releases of Information
- Transferring Your Information
We may be legally required to disclose your PII, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Opterre LLC., our Users, employees, and affiliates.
By using this Site, you authorize us to transfer and store your information in the United States, Canada, and in the EU for the purposes described above. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in the United States may not be the same as in your home country.
How we Protect Information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your PII from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
- How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We want to ensure your trust and employed McAfee’s Trustmark to verify our site’s identity and safety.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, we limit access to your PII to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your PII on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- How long do we keep your information?
We will only retain your PII for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Customer data is stored for a reasonable time (5+ years) as a necessity to keep accurate records of accounting, tax, and customer needs. The exact data retention period varies based on the system storing the information, the date of the user’s last activity or interaction with the company, and whether or not the information relates to a current or past customer
Links to Other Sites
Do Not Track Signals.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third-party sources. The primary reason is that there’s no consensus on how best to do this. But, we can give you at least one recommendation to protect yourself – use “incognito mode” with Chrome, use “private browsing window” with Firefox, or “InPrivate browsing window” in Internet Explorer and Edge, or use “private” mode on Safari.
You can find more techniques to browse anonymously here, too.
You maintain the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority in your local EU Member State under the GDPR.
Your GDPR Rights
Opterre LLC. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your PII.
- Modifying Personal Identifiable Information.Whenever made possible, if you have registered to use our Service, you can update your PII directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your PII, please contact us to make the required changes.
- Removing Personal Identifiable Information. If you wish to exercise your “right to be forgotten” and have all PII deleted, please email us directly with your request: email@example.com. Even if you’re not living in the EU, we will honor your request to be forgotten. If you are not a Client or User it is extremely unlikely that we would have your PII.
- Data Portability. You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Opterre LLC. You can request to obtain a copy of your PII in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Opterre LLC’s systems have been set up to allow the Client with whom you shared your PII to provide a copy of your PII in commonly used electronic format, as it may be reasonably available and technologically feasible to obtain or segregate from other data. Therefore, you should make any request for a copy of your PII to such Client.
- Other Data Subject Rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the PII we hold about you
- To rectify any PII held about you that is inaccurate
- To restrict further processing of your PII
- To object to the collection or use of your PII
Please note that some of our systems are set up so that the Client can respond to requests regarding these rights directly (such as unsubscribing to an email).
Further, if you contact us directly, you may be asked to verify your identity before processing such requests.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Per CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
California Eraser Law.
If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe.
Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email, if we have your email and on a special notification page on our Website within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us.
Representative: Michael Walker
200 S. Wilcox St., #207
Castle Rock, CO 80104